HTML Nuffnang

Monday, August 23, 2010

ACCA Exam Results

It's finally that creepy day,
only thing different was this semester my class has been replaced and I'm off for the day.
I'll never take my results at home again - especially with your parents around to remind you to check your results

I did expect myself to pass?  I mean who wants to fail -
but I do admit I study a lot but sometimes studying a lot may not equal to getting through the paper.

Connection was slow, and the page pops out !

P1 Professional Accountant 69%
P2 Financial Reporting 62%
P3 Business Analysis 50%




Phew~! Thank god for kind-hearted ACCA marker, god bless you =D
Nearly had to attend P3 classes all over again - glad the marker gave me the green lights !

Those who didn't make the cut, really sorry to hear the news ! Pat on your shoulder and say you've done your best and that remains in the past. There's another chance this December and this isn't the end of the world. Learn from your mistakes and improve on your answering techniques! Stop the over- gathering/outings activities,  last minute studying or spotting topics.

So since I've passed, I have a useful tip for you if you're taking the 3 papers above, at least that was how I passed the paper. 

P1 Professional Accountant requires a lot of key terms which I believe you don't use them in our daily speaking. Unfettered power, reciprocity for example. Understand also the question requirements. Roles and benefits answers would rather be the same. Have good time management to try attempting all the questions in the exam paper. Keep your sentences straight to the point as 1 sentence carries only 1 mark or sometimes half ! You need to write a substantial amount to even pass, remember that ! 

P2 Financial Reporting the mother of all P level papers I must say ! One thing you better follow if you wanna even think of passing this paper ! start early, don't even bother going to the exam hall if you're only planning to start a month before. Also don't skip your Progress Test or Mock , they provide good time frame constraint for you to practice, in total honest. Aside that, have a good grip on key topics like IAS 16, 32, 39, 12, 19 18, 36, 27  and IFRS 3 and 5. Don't bother going it without those topics ! Also avoid spotting current issues, study all ! If you know how to answer the current issue that could help drastically. 

P3 Business Analysis Notice throughout the syllables, you have 101 matrix to the point you forgot what's the content of axis in the matrix. To me, revising the thing again was vital throughout the semester. just flip, flip, flip. recall it back ya ! Then also attempt the PYQ, as in good time management, fast writing skills and also linking the knowledge to the content of the questions. 


GOOD LUCK TO YOUR REMAINING PAPERS !



SY is listening to : Jason Derulo - Whatcha say
 SY is watching : Beauty Holds No Pain (completed)
SY is busy doing :

Signing out,
SY,
so what ? PT2 is next week , here we go again !

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...