HTML Nuffnang

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Drive Of Life


I'm proud to say

I FINISH THE DRIVE OF LIFE !!!!!!

Ka-yee remembered to bring the last 3 episodes for me. Cause my brother didn't go to office to get it for me. And Ka-yee's mum bought the series so she lended it to me. Yes, I also supply series to ka-yee. I gave her Heart of greed today. Wosh, I thought I was going to watch the last 3 episodes during the weekends. Turn out, I just finished them tonight. Yea, I'm talented XD

SY : Wosh, you're at episode 52 edi ? SO fast. I'm gonna watch after SPM
Mum : Faster bug Yiming to get finish the whole series.

The next day ...
SY : Since it's holiday, watch one episode won't hurt =P
Few days later ..
Mum : I'm at 57 already !!!
SY : guess what ? me too XD

Now let me bring you in to this blockbuster series.

WARNING SPOILERS ! Don't view if you're planning to watch it.
I'm afraid I might split your excitement . lol

The Drive Of LIfe is a series combining Hong Kong and Mainland China's cast. The settings were at Canada, Hong Kong and Mainland China. Most of the cast are mainly from Hong Kong - Damien Lau, Joe Ma, Ron Ng, Raymond Lam, Myolie Wu, Jessica Hester Hsuan, Charmaine Sheh, Sheren Tang and many more famous tvb stars. If you watched tvb series, you know exactly who they are. The mainland china cast are great too.

Number of episodes ?

60 EPISODES !!!
So far I haven watch any hk series so long. Maximum would be Armed Reaction which I think reached around 42. But this is like long long long story. When I open my series folder, you could see a long list of episodes from 1 to 60.

The show overviews how the first mainland china car was made. Focusing mainly on the Wah Family. Lead by the 3 brothers. The 2nd bro is from mainland china. (You'll realise he has a diff Cantonese slang"). The first few episodes would overview you with how these 3 brothers can't never get along and how Damien's character always be the one in trouble - ending up he fixing everything.

Moving on with the episodes, you'll meet the 2nd generation. How innocent playful young adults turning into the character. You know Raymond actually kissed Damien (his dad in the story) during breakfast to play around. It's funny to see the strict dad reacting. XD

I think everybody would love this young couple played by Raymond and Charmaine. They met when Charmaine was a real state agent conning Raymond. And later they played a lot of stock and real state till it was inflation and market was really bad. Charmaine was on her own and she was bankrupt. Raymond however was the rich son turning the whole family to pay up his debt. And the Wah Family has to start a company and everything all over again. And you thought , they will never be together already.

THINK AGAIN !

After that they got back together, and planned to get married. However, Charmaine's mother committed suicide (also mainly cause Ray's mother told her the truth) . Charmaine then came to the wedding ceremony and announced the wedding was off.

Raymond : why are u not in your wedding gown ? It's about time . Don't play around
Charmaine : I can play bigger then .....

From then onwards, Charmaine was the evil character in the show. Wanting the Wah Family pay for what they did to her mother . REVENGE !!!!

This was during the making of the show. You know after that- Raymond was crying like hell and Charmaine went to the hospital to abort the baby. And behind the scenes , they were playing with the microphone. karaoke anyone ? Is like WTH ?
(Raymond looks like one of Ikhwan's retard photos) =_=" It runs in asians


After the wedding , The parents came to beg Charmaine not to abort the baby.
Wosh you could see how cruel Charmaine was .

C : Anything related to Wah Family is my enemy. Including this baby
Then she demanded for money and ask them to beg her if they want her to keep the baby.
Wosh, you could see the epic-ness of the scene !


Personally I like charmaine in the show. Espeically this part where Myolie tried telling her to stop her vengeance to the Wah Family and how her mother's death was an accident. Wosh, Charmaine gave her a big slap on her face and tell her
"You are nothing to talk about me & my life"
(claps hands) Now this is what I call entertainment !!!!

SY' S FAVORITE SCENE !
After Raymond saw Charmaine tried to bring down his dad's company by taking over his company and rather make the company fall just to take her vengeance. And Raymond drag her to the alley and telling her ,

R : Do you really hate me so much ?
C : Hate to the point I want your whole family dead
R : Then I rather you kill me cause I never want to see you doing things you don't want too
(You could see how jealous C was when R was trying on wedding outfit with his gf)
R : (breaks a bottle) Just do it and kill me

After that you could see Charmaine's tears come down..
AND SY'S TEARS COMING DOWN .
Her emotions , no words but you could feel it ...
I was crying like hell. emo emo emo

Moral of the story : Hugs are always the best solution
Therefore Hug more people ..
hug the ones you love when there is a chance
Cause sometimes, anything can happen ! =P

And finally after ups and dowms and nearly like 30 episodes,
they got married =D

I liked charmaine's headgear. the white colour lace thing on her head. lol And her gown was a modern halter white lace . Pretty nice - I think the best wedding outfit on screen. (Although the family was in bad shape, they decided to get married still. Raymond's mother and sister did not attend the wedding. Long story lol)

JiaWen gonna be very happy got a lot of Raymond's photo here. XD

I love all these siblings things in series. In runs in me. Imagine when I'm older I'm walking with my 2 brothers. Awww, imagine if they had family .. or even I have family ... with kids. OMg aUNTie Su Yi @@ and Leslie and wallace running around. Nevermind about this, I'm crapping. ANYWAYZ, back to the series ... lol

Other love story include Myolie and Zhen Man . I love the way he propose to her. With a single Rose. See, the something red can never go wrong. The power of the rose . lol You know when she was heartbroken (after she let go and give R & C their blessings), Zhen Man was like helping her mend her broken heart by making her happy. You know how , help he wash her hair. I know wth man ? One day he was like, you're sad again .. so should I wash your hair again ? lolx

Besides that there's Kai Keung (played by Ron Ng) and Ching Lam (played by Toby Leung). Their love life is kinda on a fast lane. Kai Keung works as a mechanic and during the night he would bring the racing car for a lil test on the road and the people know him as the skilled driver at night.Well, let's say he's a street racer =) Ching Lam was a car mag reporter working to be able to interview and reveal who this skilled driver was. Finally ching lam borrowed her friends hot car to chase down this driver. Unfortunately, she got involved in an accident and send the car to be fix by no other than KK. At ron ng took the car to test. poof* eventually ching lam realized who the driver was .... lolx Nothing much about them cause Ron Ng was in coma for a long long time and they were the innocent couple in this series. I still like Ron Ng acting like Revolving Doors Of Vengence ... this character is like a little to naive and soft =P

Best actor for these show, I would say Damien Lau
He struggle for the family and company from Episode 1 till 60. And he played Jessica and Raymond's father with love, passion and hope. Scenes with Jessica are just great especially the last few episodes where Jessica keeps begging him. You know sometimes I wish shows could be real. If you get what I mean. ={

Father of the year.
He purposely had to dye his hair older cause he was playing the eldest brother among the 3 siblings and father to these 2 kids. Lol He looked so much younger when he was at the promotional event for Drive Of Life.

I think you could guess I would pick her right ?
So many photos of her in this post. I was doubting between she and Jessica. Cause Jessica's last few episodes were really good. How she tried to changed her husband asking him to stop doing wrong. How she accused Raymond just to protect her husband. And her dad said
"You really love him cause you're a family person. You have gone to extremes till you accusing your own brother. And you love your brother so much since young"

Jessica's tears start pouring down. The emotion.
(yes, I was crying too .so SY's tears also started to come down too lol)

Anywayz, Back to charmaine sheh. Best actress in this show
How she was so smart in the starting. Top real estate agent to selling pillows to her plot of revenge and finally being raymond's wife. I've never seen her playing these kind of roles. She's always the innnocent actress. (CLAPS) She's equally good like she was in Maiden's Vow

SY's ratings ?

5/5
This is one hell of a good series. The starting and ending was really epic !
A must watch if you're a hk series fan !!

How come I got a feeling she has the same hair as mine,
As in if I take a photo like that, the result would be the same.
Pssss : She layered her hair.
I'm getting mine layered after SPM XD

Looking forward for this 2 series ..

Steps by Bernice Liu and Steven Ma
Although I practically watch all the previews
and kinda know exactly what happen .. lol
Looks to me as a nice show =)

Ultimate Crime Fighter
Moses looks interesting in this series
and first time seeing Gigi acting a innocent character
than the "I'll burn down your house if you don't divorce me"
Anyone can burn into dvd for me if u download ? pretty pls ...


Signing out,
SY,
You should check the soundtrack out too.
The main one by Hacken Lee and the sub-track by Raymond Lam.

Holy shit, it's a long long post
It's 1.30 am already & I have add maths paper tmw XD

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...