HTML Nuffnang

Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Glamourous Prom Night ~ Lights!Camera! here we go ...

Sunday, 19-7-2009

This is gonna be a very very very long post,
so grab a drink and enjoy your read =D

But I have to warn you, the photos aren't that nice as I expected.
A lot of blur and noise problem in the photos =(

P/s : Do not take the photos from this blog.
Take the original ones from my online photo album.
Give me a message on messenger, I'll give you the links.

1) Introduction
the first-ever SAC PROM NIGHT,
was held last friday on the 17-7-2009



Since the last semester it was a buzz to go ? or not to go?
At first the response was pretty poor.
Maybe because everyone wanted to sit the finals first in June.
Cause everytime I ask my classmates 'Going Prom?'

Their response would be :
  1. Too expensive lar ..
  2. If he/she goes. . I go ..
  3. See first. ..
  4. No dress/outfit ...
  5. Maybe kua ...


And soon after the new semester open,
managed to gather 4 tables of friends to come along with me.

Special thanks to Sunway Tes for sponsoring the class reps to prom


.......................................................................................................
2) Dressing Up ..

If had spare cash, I would have bought a dress I've been eye-ing on for quite sometime.
By Auther Kelly but no way am I paying rm300 ,
for a dress which I'm gonna wear for a couple of hours.
If not I would have a purple heels to match it =(
Owh well, we must be cost effective !!!
DO not be influenced by the prom fever !



Anyway, I open my closet and dig out all my evening gows in bro's closet
(Yes, I keep all my pretty dresses in my brother's cupboard lolx)
It's either I wear my long black dress I wore last prom,
or any 3 of my short black dresses,
or some funky dresses,
so I ended up wearing my good-old 'bridemaid dress'

You see everytime someone gets married in a hotel,
I'll be definitely wearing this for sure somehow .. lolx
For the whole dress, you'll see it later on..
*Trust me, you'll be sick of my face after this post .. lolx



One thing I'm proud of was doing my own hair & make-up.
I think the only time I'll let someone else do it for me is when someone really close gets married or perhaps when I get married. Haha.

Few things I've learn for prom,
  • Massacre for eyes are good to pop your eyes out ! lolx Unless you're using fake eyelashes
  • A sharp lipcolour may look awkward but looks awesome in photographs =D
  • Chopstick hair will never fail you in formal events. You can do it in 10 seconds XD
.......................................................................................................

3) Arriving early. ..

Thanks Ikram for the ride the whole night =D
We went one hour early and got caught in the jam badly.
Arrived sharp at 6.30 pm.
As usual,the number of people arriving could be counted with your hands.

First person I went to disturb was my buddy all dressed up in his suit & camera.
WEI HAO ! lolx Since he was the commitee member, he had to stand at the door.
So I head off to another floor with my highschool friends for some photography session.
Man, I tell you it was so funny .. XD



The bottam 4 photos were taken out of boredom but it was so funny
I think I keep the remaining funny photos for 3 of us.
But now we know how May dress spins XD

Photo captions will be based on first row onwards
(1st row)
Photo 1 : Andrew, SY, Jin Huat
PHoto 2 : With ex-classmates Evelyn & Jia-Yiing

(2nd row)
Photo 3: The 3-always-together-girls Chin Yin,Carmen & Hui Yi
Photo 4 : Budak budak Seafield SY, Yew Tian & Chui May



The people arriving on time ! lolx
With fellow classmates Hui Yi,Carmen, Han Liang, Siew Fai & Chin Yin
.......................................................................................................

4) Photo fever . ..

Later around 7 - 8+ , when most of my friends have arrived
With no sign of event starting, photography outside starts. .







There's a lot of people here ..lolx
This are defintely Yen's gang !
My fellow coursemates ...



There's a lot of people here too ..lolx
This are defintely Ikram's gang !
I remember taking this exact same shot with 6 different cameras
and one was showing 'Battery depleted'

And around close to 8, my close college buddies FINALLY arrived.



Now Chai Hooi looks stunning with the hairdo and dress. (Why is she hiding the dress?)
Jenny's hairdo was very sweet with the tight curls & I noticed the red bag *wink*,
Yee Chien is always pretty as usual ..
Wearing the gorgeous purple dress which she wanted to wear to class. lol
and my hazelnut wearing her special designed by uncle which was photogenic in photographs.

And there you have 5 girls who I've known since Day 1 in college =)



The boys =-D
I gotta admit the first guy I would look at is Wei Hao (3rd from right)
That's the thing with height.
The taller you are, the better you look in suits.

But I have to complement,
Han Liang looks outstanding without suit. Because Sunway guys all are vain to be in suits.
We live in Malaysia the one with 38'c average !

Siew Fai looks great in his outfit personally.
And somehow his looks resemble my cousin so much.
*I've said the same thing to Yau before. This 3 has similiarity in looks lolx

Andrew .. lolx My groom right ? lolx
You see they say he looks like 'san leong kor' (groom getting married)
And my friends say I look like a bride somehow .. LOL
So there you have it .. lolx



.......................................................................................................


5) Two persons show . ..

Seriously, you should be sick of my face by now ...







Triple Action ..

.......................................................................................................
6) Lights,camera action ! . ..

So finally after settled down, sat at table 54
Very far far faraway from the stage but plenty of freedom for photography



Table 54 with Jie-Yan =D



The girls ... Literally the girls .. !

With fellow lecturers ...



My current F9 financial management lecturer.
$1 today is not the same $1 in future. Future value .. Present value XD



With Ex-T7 CAT lecturer, Mr.Akbar
'Natural disaster is not consider an answer'



"Are you pretending to understand what I'm trying to say ?"
With ex-F6 tax lecturer, Ms.Rozi


.......................................................................................................




(I like their performance best changing the lyrics of I'll Be There'

Personal comments on the prom night :
  • Sunway people like to come really really late that our host JJ has to say sarsactically 'Thanks for coming fashionably late'
  • Good was great. We paid less but got better food compared to graduation.
  • Boys were over-dress ! Seriously I know it looks nice but to wear 3 layers of clothes ? long-sleeve shirt + vest + blazer is really dressing up ! And I think it paid off cause the guys look really nice. And not forgetting table 41 guys XD
  • Popular colour dress : Black, white and purple
  • We prefer to take photographs then watching performance
  • Felt the lucky draw had upset some people.
  • Expected something better. Maybe due to the bad delay of the event. Don't play the commitee members about this. But the crowd was really noisy eventhough the speeches and performance was going on. When you sit at the backrow, you'll understand.
  • I think Seafield's prom was better.
  • Most of us didn't know who won best dressed or the prom title.
  • Nobody wanted to dance at the end of the event. They headed to the club instead ?
And yes, I went MOS for an hour +,
Danced with Ikram's gang and all till my hairdo came off.
I think next time I go to a club, come with a fresh feet.
My leg was really tired that night. All the walking here and there lolx

Came back around 1 ?
So that's prom for this year.

And finally ...



PHOTO OF THE DAY
Somehow I love the lighting background,
with all the girls in their ever colour dresses - what a combination =D
(Eventhough the quality of the photo is horrifying with the noise)

SY is listening to : Big Bang - Sparkling
SY is watching : Burning Flame III - Episode 10
SY is busy doing : Completing H/w lolx (This weekend has been such a busy weekend)

Signing out,
SY,
You have no idea the effort of editing and combining the photos all in photoshop.
And later to upload them back to blogger.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...