HTML Nuffnang

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Girls, Time to doll-up



It's a box over there, let's open it =)

Click 'Read More' for the full post ...










The box above was actually a box to place Chinese New Year cookies,
something my brother from overseas got it =)
After the cookies were all missing XD and cleaning it,
it took me long after to dump every possible make-up I have.
Believe me, it's big but not that big,
small but not that small.. Makes a great one, ideally a pretty colour too =)

Curious to know actually what I use ? read further =D



The two bottles in the centre are by Body Shop.
A gift along side a shower gel by my highschool friend, Kishen =)
One bottle is a perfume lotion. Smells absolutely great.
The orange bottle is a perfume which I barely use.
Well mainly because the guys in my family are really sensitive to all this.
Occasion only ,

To start, I usually start with a fresh facial wash with water.
Then applying lotion/moisturizer.
This is vital if you want your makeup to stay the entire day !

Next is to cover up the evil marks, here foundation is your life-saver !
(2 standing bottles to the left) Here, I used Maybelline's Angel Fit. It's not expensive really and you can get it in possibly at every drugstore. Choose the tone that is closest to your skin tone. Not your hand skin tone, FACE SKIN TONE !~ Choose a lighter tone if you prefer that =)

As for me, I prefer liquid foundation although you may find it messy to apply.
But once you get used to it, I believe the power works better. Focus more on your marks - bad pimples especially. Apply a further powder layer if you want. Just make sure your face and neck doesn't have a different skin tone. It will look weird, seriously.

As for the lips, well cause I usually focus more on my eyes - the makeup is heavy over there so the lips are either covered with plain lipbalm or glossy lipgloss by Silky girl. (3 bottles standing to the right)

For the cheeks, I choose a sweet orange-red tone from Elanto (Bottam left) I used Maybelline before this . When apply smile wide and focus on the main area of your cheeks brushing to the back. Do it under a bright light so that you won't over-do it and end up looking like a tomato =D


Ok, so skin + lips + cheeks are done ~!
........................................................................



Probably, the most important part when I do my make-up. The eyes ~!

Here the layer of lotion/ moisturizer plays a huge role to remain the eye shadow if you apply. For me, daylight outings - the blue tones. For night outings, the brown shades come in. Start of with a light brush of the lighter tone, brush it off to the whole eyes using a brush, it would be really light, but there's a base ~! Close the nearer area to the eye, with the darker tone colour later.



After that, liquid eyeliner. One word: messy.

When I just bought it, I have absolutely no idea how to use it. Literally it was so ugly, so messy I was quite fed up with it. You need to get a grip of it first and believe me, it makes the eyes look different , before and after. After that, for the bottam, cover with dark eyepencil. I still can't do the bottam with liquid eyeliner but if you do, it will be very heavy and fierce make-up. If you wanna go light, avoid it =)

Then bring it the mascara, My first brand was Maybelline and now it's Badgal from France. Both are equally good to me. If you wanna be dramatic, use fake eyelashes - just don't make me catch it falling down due to inadequate glu XD


P/s : The photos was taken with 'BKT' feature.
Omg love love the colour XD


So there you have it, my entire make up set.
Mind u, I'll only do the full make-up if I'm going out for any event or occasion. Other than that, basics is all you need. A bright lipgloss and some simple eyeshadow to brighten up the face =)

Some basic I have for the day when necessary



SY is listening to : Madonna - Power of Goodbye
SY is watching :
SY is busy doing : OBU ! OBU ! OBU !

Signing out,
SY,
Bring the weekends here =)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...