HTML Nuffnang

Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Final Two Papers ..

Usually I'll be blogging about this on the night the results are out but I've been busy with work lately.
Thank god my senior was nice and let me focus entirely on my results that day knowing the day won't be productive even when I'm working.

For the first time I waited more than 3 hours for my results due to the down server.

..... and it was disturbing enough to get tons of messages 'SO HOWS YOUR RESULTS'
        .............. along the way with friends saying 'PASS ALL' .. 'I FAIL ALL' ....
                  .................... makes you feel like shit huh?

After 3 years of studying this course ( CAT + ACCA)
 ......... attemps of studying in advanced weeks before progress test ..
        .................. long hours of classes ( 8 am to 8 pm even!!!)
                .............................the miserable exam studying between EDC and finals
                            ...................... the cold studying in the library


I'VE DONE IT ! (straight passes to add on along with my First Class Honours degree)
    CONGRATUALTION TO MY OTHER CLASSMATES, we're finally graduating ..

(This was my motivational flag when I needed an 'ohm' during those blue days) XD





















Now for my advice for the P7 &P5 students this sem
    though my marks were marginal, at least it can bring a pass - that's all the matters right? =)

P5 Advanced Performance Management
I probably chosen this optional as it was perceived to be the easiest among all along with the highest passing rate. But with the new examiner, it turn out to be the hardest paper I ever took in my ACCA life =( My personal advice for this paper would be getting a good grip on the knowledge part, then matching them with the question during application. Let the question be as wild as it can be in various industry and conduct of business but writting what you learn 'P5 terminologies' into it would give great impression to the marker. (hehe coming from a former internal marker myself). Alongside that, giving very general logical answers that make sense could earn you marks but be aware it's not general english paper here ! Pass year papers (including older version) should adapt you well into different senarios and industries. Know your stuff well - EVA, EBITA, RI,etc. Relate every possible figure and trend from the question to at least a part in your answer (showing you are aware of the info given and you have analysed it. Adding ratio figures to it would be juicier!)

This subject matches well with P3 (do hold on your P3 knowledge here).

 Best of luck!

Rookie SY scored 59% for this paper (I left almost 20 marks in this paper, phew ~!)

.....................................................................................................................................................

P7 Advanced Audit and Assurance

I probably think this is the easiest subejct to study. It's very direct, easy to swallow but difficult to write. I'm not very sure what is the current syllables like as I here there are changes already. From my semester though, I studied this via the topics - money laundering , due dilligence, forensic, PFI, etc. Every topic has its own unique answer in it (forecasted, intended user, reporting user, type of report issued). Relate the specific type of information into the answer would be helpful! Usually when I see the question, I look at the topic it is asking and start cracking my head there. Of course, relate them with the question. And once you study a new topic, revise back the older ones before you get rusty =P Since audit is an old paper, there is a long variety of past years you could try. Read your articles and tutorials before heading to exam (regardless if they are old articles as they were really helpful to me especially on the answering techniques by the older examiner). Have good time allocation to all your questions across the exam - it's better to attempt the next question then cracking your head on extra points which you probably just bullshitting about ! This paper is a really time-consuming paper as you need proper explanation to earn your marks!

Good luck!
Rookie SY scored 56% for this paper. (Left almost 10 marks out from this paper, phew~!)


........................................................................................................................................................
For those who didn't make it (regardless of any paper), DON'T GIVE UP! it's time to get back up for the next examination happening in June 2011! You have 3 more months to prepare and you need to let go of this failure. Start attending your classes, start opening your books early, buy coffee if you're sleepy and ADD OIL !

DON'T GIVE UP !

YOU HAVE MY FULL SUPPORT ! (sings Big Bang's GARA GARA GO)


SY is listening to : Whos that chick - David Guetta ft Rihanna
SY is watching : Athena Goddess Of War - Episode 6
SY is busy doing : WORK, tiring =(

Signing out,
SY,
Hope I could summit my work by deadline (fingers crossed)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...