HTML Nuffnang

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Trip to Ipoh-Taiping-Penang Part 2

Day 2 [taiping - penang - taiping]
While waiting for everybody to get ready, took photos around the house.

World Smallest Pineapple ?

Me and my cousins
[hah, I'm the only cousin that dunno how to drive that day]

ate some kinda mee - something like har mee/wantan mee [mix breeed edi ..]
only like 1.20 a bowl unlike kl everything 3/4 bucks each !
after that,
head off to penang from taiping which is around an hour ...

pass by lots of paddy fields....

Finally reach Penang there already, the toll gate.
I'm like so excited like those silly young little girls never leave home before.
according to family, I've been to penang when I was around 2 years old
[too young to remember anything][I don't recall eating asam laksa that time]

After we visited my cousin, we left our aunties and my mum in his house
[they're giving good advice]
[my cousins and uncles getting bored decided to walk around penang]
[thank god I remember to bring my camera in hand]
We walk around his place. Lots of church around there and near the penang highcourt which was underconstruction. We even saw Karpal Singh's office. FOund the seaside so we just chill and enjoy the view. And the wind was blowing - gosh so syoking wei !!! I could sit there whole day !

After siting there quite sometime, we headed back home and talk ..talk ..talk
then realise my 2 uncles missing. they ended up in a famous indian restaurant
you know banana leaf rice started in penang ? they station there ....
so the whole gang ended up eating banana leaf rice there !
[there goes my asam laksa, rojak, har mee & char kuew tiau]

And before I left home, I ask my mum hold the camera for me cause i went toilet.
She pass it to my dad and kept inside the car. So all the good food scenes are MIA
My cousin just show me the famous food street [some name in hokkien]
wah ..there got all the food there. .. like the food heavan street
full of people .. in the middle of the 120 degrees heat.
and we were too full to eat anything more.
my cousins had to go back to taiping for some christmas eve celebration
so by evening, everybody had to leave penang for good !
and what i regret the most were I DIDN'T GET MY PENANG ASAM LAKSA !!!
and my uncle still can say "subang jaya also got sell penang asam laksa"

We decided since we came through the bridge .. should go back using the ferry
my father
"must bring this kampung girl sit ferry" >> I'm from kl (cougH)
but of course I wanted to sit ferry ... never try it before
actually I did but I can't recall anything.


When I was inside the ferry, everybody went upstairs [including me]
everybody was siting down except me
moving infront to behind the ferry - up and down
everybody looking at me "this girl with her camera"

After that, head off to taiping !
Signing out,
Part 3 soon .....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...